… and so the gods have answered your prayers.
Some feedback indicated that writers needed more time than a week to roll out their 100-word limit flash pieces for this contest. Issokay, we yaff hear. Note however that at the final stage where we will have only 3 finalists tasked to produce stories, the deadline will not be as flexible.
For this stage of the #1Pic100Words contest therefore, submission deadline has been moved to midnight of FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2016.
NOTE THAT THE PICTURE PROMPT AND ALL OTHER CONTEST RULES REMAIN THE SAME.
We do not think this move will affect any writer adversely who has already submitted, because we believe you only submitted your best work. But for the sake of fairness, if you have already submitted and you feel this deadline extension will help you do better, then feel free to utilize it. Send a mail to email@example.com telling us to withdraw your first submission, then send your final submission.
See the rules again:
Write a 100-word piece inspired by or depicting this picture and send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the contest rules are (see full details at contests.wordsarework.com)
- This contest is open to writers everywhere in Nigeria.
- Entries must be written in English.
- Only one entry per person.
- All work must be original.
- Submit your stories in the body of the mail (NO ATTACHMENTS). Also include in the mail the following information: Name, Contact phone number and email address, Social media profiles (Facebook ID, Twitter handle, Instagram handle, etc).
- The word count per entry is 100 words max. This does NOT include the title of the story and writer’s information. Entries below 100 words are valid. All entries above this mark will be disqualified.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM on Friday, May 27, 2016.
- Once entry is submitted, writers should tweet at @WordsAreWork and @Larvadigiart with hashtag #1Pic100Words to let us know. Facebook or Instagram may be used for this (see handles and usernames below).
- While it is not compulsory, we encourage writers and their supporters to be on social media and follow us on our profiles
- All entries remain the copyright of the writers; but we reserve the right to use them for publications and promotional purposes.
Let the countdown be revamped … SIX DAYS TO GO.
#1Pic100Words is powered by Words Are Work and Larva Digiart
Follow us on Twitter – @WordsAreWork @Larvadigiart
Follow us on Instagram – @wordsarework @larvadigiart
Like us on Facebook – Words Are Work / Larva DigiArt